Native Landscaping Possibilities
Brainstorming is a great first step, but can lead to a long and sometimes daunting list. We’ve highlighted the top 10 wish-list items based on the consolidation of countless brainstorming sessions compiled from Midwestern clients over the past 20 years.
- Decrease my mowing time.
- Convert my grassy field, old cornfield, mound system or lawn into a prairie landscape.
- Replace the once sculpted foundation planting junipers with native perennials.
- Naturalize my lakefront property with a shoreline buffer.
- Attract butterflies, birds and pollinators to my yard with native perennial gardens.
- Remedy drainage and erosion issues naturally with bio-swales and rain gardens.
- Beautify hard-to-mow ditches and steep slopes with native plants.
- Enhance my yard with grilling and campfire gathering spaces using locally quarried stone.
- Create a trail system through my forests and fields.
- Access my woodland again by removing invasive shrubs.